Information  X 
Enter a valid email address

TG21 PLC (TGP)

  Print      Mail a friend       Annual reports

Tuesday 02 August, 2005

TG21 PLC

re Further Investment in Public Transport CCTV


Embargoed Release: 07:00hrs Tuesday 2nd August 2005

                                   TG21 plc                                    

                           ('TG21' or 'the Company')                           

          TG21 plc increases its investment in public transport CCTV           

TG21 Plc is today pleased to announce that it has acquired a further 26% in
21st Century Crime Prevention Services Limited ('21st Century') bringing its
total holding to 75%.

21st Century is a leading provider of CCTV and black-box solutions for the UK
public transport sector, selling mainly to bus operators and manufacturers.
21st Century has developed a system which facilitates the automatic download of
recordings as the CCTV equipped vehicle returns to its depot, along with
`Heartbeat' which transmits an alert in the event of any camera failure.

The Company paid the option price of £2,192,138 in cash to bring its holding to
75% and retains a further option to acquire the remaining 25% of 21st Century.

Peter Ward, Chairman, commented:

'I am delighted with the progress being made to integrate 21st Century with the
TG21 engineering, call centre and distribution resource. This acquisition gives
us a controlling stake in 21st Century, a much stronger footing in this
expanding market and will allow us to consolidate this new subsidiary's sales
and profit growth with the rest of the group.'

For enquiries please contact

Peter Ward

Chairman, TG21 plc

Wilson Jennings

Finance Director, TG21 plc

Tel: 020 8710 4000

Andrew Tan

Hansard Communications

Tel: 020 7245 1100