RNS Number : 9748U
D1 Oils Plc
21 May 2008
21 May 2008
Result of Annual General Meeting
D1 Oils plc ('D1' or 'the Company'), the biofuels technology company, today held its Annual General Meeting.
The meeting transacted the following business and all the resolutions put to the meeting were passed.
1. Ordinary resolution - the Annual Report and Accounts for the period ending 31
December 2007 were adopted
2. Ordinary resolution - Ernst & Young LLP were re-appointed as auditors to the
Company and the Directors were authorised to fix their remuneration
3. Ordinary resolution - Clive Neil Morton was re-appointed as a Director
4. Ordinary resolution - John Barclay Forrest was re-appointed as a Director
5. Ordinary resolution - Christopher John Leaver was re-appointed as a Director
6. Ordinary resolution - further to the Company's announcement of earlier this morning confirming Christopher Tawney's resignation, the Chairman advised that resolution 6 in the AGM notice (re-appointment of Christopher Tawney as a Director) was no longer appropriate given that Christopher had stepped down from the Board and will be leaving the Company. As such, Christopher did not wish to be re-appointed as a Director and resolution 6 was withdrawn and not voted on.
7. Ordinary resolution - Moira Elizabeth Black was re-appointed as a Director
8. Ordinary resolution - Certain political donations and expenditure were approved
9. Ordinary resolution - The Directors were authorised to allot securities
10. Special resolution - The Directors were given power to allot securities for
cash without making a pre-emptive offer to shareholders
11. Special resolution - new Articles of Association were adopted
Graham Prince, Head of Corporate Communications
Tel: +44 (0) 1642 755580
Mobile: +44 (0) 7973 323840
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7404 5959
Notes to Editors:
D1 Oils plc is a biofuels technology company. Our strategy is to develop new energy crops into sustainable commercial fuels. We provide technology and services for the breeding, development, planting and harvesting of new varieties of commercial biofuel crops, focusing on alternative, sustainable feedstocks that are not subject to the same price pressures as food-grade crops. We have an established plant science and planting programme for Jatropha curcas, a robust, tropical oilseed bearing tree. Jatropha produces inedible oil feedstock for biodiesel and is able to make use of land not suitable for arable agriculture. D1 has a 50:50 joint venture with BP for the global planting of jatropha.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange