NOTIFICATION OF TRANSACTIONS OF DIRECTORS, PERSONS DISCHARGING MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITY OR CONNECTED PERSONS
This form is intended for use by an issuer to make a RIS notification required by DR 3.1.4R(1).
(1) An issuer making a notification in respect of a transaction relating to the shares or debentures of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 16, 23 and 24.
(2) An issuer making a notification in respect of a derivative relating to the shares of the issuer should complete boxes 1 to 4, 8, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
(3) An issuer making a notification in respect of options granted to a director/person discharging managerial responsibilities should complete boxes 1 to 3 and 17 to 24.
(4) An issuer making a notification in respect of a financial instrument relating to the shares of the issuer (other than a debenture) should complete boxes 1 to 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 14, 16, 23 and 24.
1. Name of the issuer
2. State whether the notification relates to (i) a transaction notified in accordance with DR 3.1.4R(1)(a) or
(ii) DR 3.1.4(R)(1)(c) a disclosure made in accordance with section 793 of the Companies Act 2006; or
(iii) both (i) and (ii)
3. Name of person discharging managerial responsibilities/director
4. State whether notification relates to a person connected with a person discharging managerial responsibilities/director named in 3 and identify the connected person
5. Indicate whether the notification is in respect of a holding of the person referred to in 3 or 4 above or in respect of a non-beneficial interest
6. Description of shares (including class), debentures or derivatives or financial instruments relating to shares
7. Name of registered shareholder(s) and, if more than one, the number of shares held by each of them
8. State the nature of the transaction
9. Number of shares, debentures or financial instruments relating to shares acquired
10. Percentage of issued class acquired (treasury shares of that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
11. Number of shares, debentures or financial instruments relating to shares disposed
12. Percentage of issued class disposed (treasury shares of that class should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
13. Price per share or value of transaction
14. Date and place of transaction
15. Total holding following notification and total percentage holding following notification (any treasury shares should not be taken into account when calculating percentage)
16. Date issuer informed of transaction
17. Date of grant
17 MAY 2010
18. Period during which or date on which it can be exercised
AWARD IN THE FORM OF A NIL-COST OPTION GRANTED UNDER THE KAZAKHMYS LONG TERM INCENTIVE PLAN 2007 WHICH WILL, SUBJECT TO THE SATISFACTION OF A PERFORMANCE CONDITION, BE EXERCISABLE FROM 17 MAY 2013 UNTIL 16 MAY 2020
19. Total amount paid (if any) for grant of the option
20. Description of shares or debentures involved (class and number)
AWARD IN THE FORM OF A NIL-COST OPTION GRANTED OVER 116,532 ORDINARY SHARES OF 20 PENCE EACH
21. Exercise price (if fixed at time of grant) or indication that price is to be fixed at the time of exercise
22. Total number of shares or debentures over which options held following notification
23. Any additional information
24. Name of contact and telephone number for queries
ROBERT WELCH +44 (0)20 7901 7831
Name and signature of duly authorised officer of issuer responsible for making notification
ROBERT WELCH, COMPANY SECRETARY
Date of notification
18 MAY 2010