4 July 2002
DEALINGS BY SUBSTANTIAL SHAREHOLDERS
1) NAME OF COMPANY
2) NAME OF SHAREHOLDER HAVING A MAJOR INTEREST
JUPITER ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
3) Please state whether notification indicates that it is in respect of
holding of the Shareholder named in 2 above or in respect of a
non-beneficial interest or in the case of an individual holder if it is a
holding of that person's spouse or children under the age of 18
AS IN 2
4) Name of the registered holder(s) and, if more than one holder, the
number of shares held by each of them.
SEE LETTER BELOW
5) Number of shares/amount of stock acquired.
6) ( N/A %) of issued Class
7) Number of shares/amount of stock disposed
8) ( N/A %) of issued Class
9) Class of security
ORDINARY SHARES OF 50P EACH
10) Date of transaction
11) Date company informed
12) Total holding following this notification
13) Total percentage holding of issued class following this notification
14) Any additional information
15) Name of contact and telephone number for queries
HELEN BROOMFIELD 020 7463 4388
16) Name and signature of authorised company official responsible for
making this notification
Date of Notification 4 JULY 2002..................
Letter to: ICAP PLC - dated 3 July 2002
Notification of holdings pursuant to s.198 Companies Act 1985
Following a transaction in Ordinary shares of 50p each of ICAP PLC ('The
Company') on 2nd July 2002, Jupiter Asset Management Limited hereby notifies
you, on behalf of its client Jupiter Split Trust PLC, that it has an interest in
3,100,000 Ordinary shares in the Company which based on an issued share capital
of 102,052,000 represents 3.04% of the Company's Ordinary shares in issue.
Jupiter Asset Management Limited does not hold any shares beneficially, but
holds them as an investment manager acting on behalf of discretionary clients.
Letter from: Jupiter Asset Management Limited
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange