Knowledge Technology Solutions PLC
11 March 2002
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 11 March 2002
Knowledge Technology Solutions signs
first MarketTerminal customers
Knowledge Technology Solutions PLC (AIM:KTS) announces today that it has secured
initial customers for MarketTerminal, the company's real-time financial
information service primarily aimed at financial institutions.
Although KTS is not able to name the customers at this stage for confidentiality
reasons, these include a leading international investment bank and UK private
The first customers have initially taken a small number of MarketTerminal
licences, with a view to ordering more at a later date. KTS is also in active
negotiations with a number of other potential City customers.
Said Marc Pinter-Krainer, Chief Executive of KTS:
'It was our aim to close our first MarketTerminal sale in the first half of this
year. Having secured initial customers at this stage puts us in a strong
position to build sales and accelerate further growth. MarketTerminal provides a
robust solution to a broad range of market professionals from institutions and
stockbrokers alike and its cost-effectiveness makes it particularly attractive.'
MarketTerminal is a live interactive financial information service aimed at
market professionals. It offers premium financial information at a fraction of
the cost of traditional vendors. MarketTerminal's key strengths include:
• Premium content from leading financial information providers
• Fast, secure and robust
• Easy connectivity via a PC or laptop
• Completely portable when using the Internet as the delivery mechanism
• Flexible and customisable
• Cost effective solution delivering excellent value
Dr Marc Pinter-Krainer Neil Boom
Chief Executive Managing Director
Knowledge Technology Solutions plc Gresham PR Ltd.
020 8795 2700 020 7329 7555
Notes to editors
Leading names in financial data and news provide content for MarketTerminal.
These include Standard & Poor's ComStock, The London Stock Exchange, JCF Group,
Hemscott, Dow Jones Newswires and PR Newswire Europe.
The extensive range of market information offered in MarketTerminal's basic
• FTSE International UK indices
• International market indices
• Real-time Level I and Level II quotes with intraday and historic price
• Powerful analytics
• Interactive charting with a full range of fundamental information and
• Enhanced technical analysis
• Daily currency spot, cross and forward rates covering all major world
• Latest options and futures prices from LIFFE
Breaking headlines continuously scrolled, with comprehensive up-to-the-second
coverage of world markets, companies, economics, politics and world events.
• Regulatory News Service (RNS)
• Dow Jones UK Markets Report
• PR Newswire
• Standard & Poor's MMS real-time fundamental and technical FX analysis and
• AFX Focus UK
• TAWire, MarketTerminal's proprietary technical analysis newswire
• Portfolio system monitoring real-time profit and loss
• Watchlist system for tracking real-time price movements of favourite or
• User-definable price or news alerts
• Customisable scrolling ticker displaying up-to-the-second quotes and news
• Capable of streaming live video
For more information visit MarketTerminal's website at www.marketterminal.com
About Knowledge Technology Solutions PLC
Knowledge Technology Solutions PLC develops and licenses proprietary technology
and software solutions that aggregate, analyse and manage data and deliver the
enhanced information in real-time, tailored to customer requirements, via
Internet and wireless platforms. This delivery mechanism enables users to access
live information from any location at any time.
Knowledge Technology Solutions focuses on creating and licensing technology
related to real-time information processing as data overload becomes a common
problem. The Group's information technologies translate data into organised
knowledge and enable businesses to manage and control large amounts of
electronic information internally or externally, using the Internet as the
existing cost-effective communications infrastructure.
Knowledge Technology Solutions is the holding company for Cognita Technologies
Limited, owner of the Group's IPR, and Sharepages.com Limited, an online
publisher of financial information. The Company is listed on the Alternative
Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange (AIM: KTS). For further
information please visit www.ktsplc.com.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange