D.F.S. Furniture Company PLC
10 September 2004
NOTIFICATION OF MAJOR INTERESTS IN SHARES
1) NAME OF COMPANY
DFS FURNITURE COMPANY PLC
2) NAME OF SHAREHOLDER HAVING A MAJOR INTEREST
THE GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC
3) Please state whether notification indicates that it is in respect of
holding of the Shareholder named in 2 above or in respect of a
non-beneficial interest or in the case of an individual holder if it is a
holding of that person's spouse or children under the age of 18
4) Name of the registered holder(s) and, if more than one holder, the
number of shares held by each of them.
5) Number of shares/amount of stock acquired.
6) Percentage of issued Class
7) Number of shares/amount of stock disposed
8) Percentage of issued Class
9) Class of security
5P ORDINARY SHARES
10) Date of transaction
11) Date company informed
12) Total holding following this notification
13) Total percentage holding of issued class following this notification
14) Any additional information
15) Name of contact and telephone number for queries
16) Name and signature of authorised company official responsible for
making this notification
Date of Notification
10 SEPTEMBER 2004
Letter to DFS Furniture Company plc
Dated 9th September 2004
UK COMPANIES ACT 1985 - SECTIONS 198-203 - DFS Furniture Company plc (the
This notification relates to issued ordinary shares of the Company ('shares')
and is given in fulfilment of the obligations imposed by sections 198 to 203 of
the Companies Act 1985 (the 'Act').
We hereby notify you that on 07 September 2004, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.,
('GS Inc') of 85 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004, USA, was interested, by
attribution only, in a total of 3,308,118 shares.
Of these 3,308,118 shares:
a The interest in 2,000 shares arose front an interest held by Goldman,
Sachs & Co, a wholly-owned direct subsidiary of GS Inc, acting as
custodian for its customers. These shares are, or will be, registered
in the name of Goldman Sachs Securities (Nominees), Limited.
b The interest in 3,306,118 shares arose from a beneficial interest held
by Goldman Sachs International, a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of
GS Inc. These shares are, or will be, registered at CREST in account
Letter from The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange