Amendment to Long-Term Incentive Plan

RNS Number : 9645B
Gear4music (Holdings) PLC
13 October 2020

13 October 2020

Gear4music (Holdings) plc


("Gear4music", "the Company" or "the Group")


Amendment to Long-Term Incentive Plan


The board of Gear4music (AIM: G4M), the largest UK based retailer of musical instruments and music equipment, announces that amendments have been made as set out below to the Company's existing long-term incentive plan (the 'LTIP'), initially established to incentivise senior employees in a manner that aligns with the interests of the Company's shareholders.


On 13 November 2018, the Company announced the implementation of the LTIP, which included the grant of awards which vest from 2021-2026 subject to reaching specified hurdle share prices for 80% of the award, and a pre-determined revenue and profitability target for the remaining 20%.


In order that the LTIP continues to provide an appropriate incentivisation mechanism, the Board's Remuneration Committee has re-based the share price hurdles at which awards vest as follows:


Award vesting date

Previous hurdle price

Amended hurdle price

July 2021



July 2022



July 2023



July 2024



July 2025



July 2026




The 210,000 non-voting, non-dividend restricted B shares issued upon the implementation of the LTIP have been replaced by 210,000 non-voting, non-dividend restricted C shares. All other aspects of the LTIP remain unchanged.


The Remuneration Committee considered it appropriate to revisit the share price hurdles and implement these changes following publication of the FY20 results. Prior to implementing the changes, the Company also consulted with certain of its major institutional shareholders. Assuming that awards fully vest and are satisfied in ordinary shares of 10 pence each in the Company, the maximum implied dilution over the life of the LTIP would equal 1% of the Company's then issued share capital.


For further information contact:



Ken Ford, Non-Executive Chairman and Remuneration Committee Chairman

+44 (0)20 3865 9668

N+1 Singer - Nominated Adviser and Broker

Peter Steel/Amanda Gray, Corporate Finance

Tom Salvesen, Corporate Broking

+44 (0)20 7496 3000


Alma - Financial PR

Rebecca Sanders-Hewett

Helena Bogle

+44 (0)20 3405 0205

[email protected]



Operating from a Head Office in York, and Distribution Centres and showrooms in York, Sweden and Germany, the Group sells own-brand musical instruments and music equipment alongside premium third-party brands including Fender, Yamaha and Roland, to customers ranging from beginners to musical enthusiasts and professionals, in the UK, Europe and, more recently, into the Rest of the World.


Having developed its own e-commerce platform, with multilingual, multicurrency websites delivering to over 190 countries, the Group continues to build its overseas presence.


This information is provided by RNS, the news service of the London Stock Exchange. RNS is approved by the Financial Conduct Authority to act as a Primary Information Provider in the United Kingdom. Terms and conditions relating to the use and distribution of this information may apply. For further information, please contact [email protected] or visit

RNS may use your IP address to confirm compliance with the terms and conditions, to analyse how you engage with the information contained in this communication, and to share such analysis on an anonymised basis with others as part of our commercial services. For further information about how RNS and the London Stock Exchange use the personal data you provide us, please see our Privacy Policy.