RNS Number : 7096P
04 October 2013
4 October 2013
Carpetright announces the following changes to its management and Board with immediate effect:
· Darren Shapland, currently Chief Executive, will step down from this role and from the Board;
· Lord Harris of Peckham, Chairman, will become a full time Executive Chairman;
· Graham Harris, currently Carpetright's Trading Director, will join the Board and become Chief Operating Officer
Lord Harris of Peckham said: "I am disappointed that Darren Shapland, who has made a significant contribution to Carpetright over the last 17 months, is leaving the business, but he does so with our thanks and we wish him well for the future.
"I am enthusiastic about tackling the challenges that the business continues to face in these difficult economic times and pleased that Graham Harris will be working alongside me as Chief Operating Officer, having already made a strong contribution to the Group since joining us earlier this year. I shall also be working with the Board to develop longer term management succession arrangements."
Graham Harris, Chief Operating Officer, said: "I am looking forward to working more closely with Lord Harris. Although I have been with Carpetright for only four months I have been impressed with the underlying strength of the business."
Consequential changes to management responsibilities will be considered by the Board in due course.
There are no matters requiring disclosure under Listing Rule 9.6.13 in relation to Graham Harris' appointment to the Board.
For further enquiries please contact:
Lord Harris, Executive Chairman
Tel: 01708 802000
Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Kevin Smith / Lindsay Noton
Tel: 020 7638 9571
Notes to editors:
1. Following these changes the Board of Carpetright plc will comprise Lord Harris of Peckham (Executive Chairman), Baroness Noakes (Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director), Graham Harris (Chief Operating Officer), Neil Page (Group Finance Director), Martin Harris (Group Development Director), and Alan Dickinson, Sandra Turner, David Clifford and Andrew Page (Non-Executive Directors).
2. Graham Harris (47) joined Carpetright as Trading Director in May 2013 and has almost 30 years retail experience gained in a variety of Store Management, Finance, Commercial and General Management roles. Graham spent 12 years (2000-2011) in a variety of senior roles at Tesco, including positions as CEO Tesco Mobile & CEO Tesco Telecoms (2010-2011), Commercial Director UK Hardlines (2005-2010) and Category Director Electrical & Entertainment (2004-2005). His previous experience includes roles at House of Fraser (1997-2000), The Burton Group (1987-1997) and Woolworths (1984-1987).
3. Graham Harris is not related to Lord Harris of Peckham or Martin Harris.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange