RNS Number : 7404C
Qatar Telecom (Q-Tel) Q.S.C.
10 March 2011
Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C.
The Board of Directors has the pleasure to invite you to attend the Ordinary General Assembly Meeting of Qatar Telecom (Qtel) Q.S.C which will be held at 4.30 pm on Sunday, 27 March 2011, at the Wajba Hall, La Cigale Hotel. If there is no quorum, an alternate date will be Wednesday the 30 March 2011, at the same time and place.
Agenda for Ordinary General Assembly:
1. Hearing and approving the Board's report for the year ended 31 December 2010 and discussing and approving the company's future business plans.
2. Hearing the External Auditor's report for the year ended 31 December 2010.
3. Discussing and approving the company's financial statements for the year ended 31 December 2010.
4. Discussing and approving the Board of Directors' recommendations regarding distribution of cash dividends of 50% of the nominal share value and fully paid up bonus shares of 20% of the issued share capital, for the year 2010.
5. Discharging the members of the Board from liabilities and determining their remuneration for the year ended 31 December 2010.
6. Appointing the external auditor for the year 2011 and determining the fee.
7. Electing the members of the Board.
· Shareholders are requested to arrive for registration one hour early.
· A shareholder who cannot attend the General Assembly Meeting in person may appoint a proxy to represent him and vote on his behalf provided that no shareholder attending in person or as a proxy shall have a number of votes exceeding 25 percent of the total number of votes of the shareholder attending the meeting.
· Only shareholders whose names have been registered in the company's shareholder register with the Exchanges after closing of business on Thursday 24 March 2011, are eligible to attend Qtel's General Assembly Meeting.
· Shareholders should bring with them relevant documents proving their ownership of the shares they hold.
· This invitation shall be deemed as a legal announcement to all shareholders without the need to send a special invitation by mail according to Law no. 28 of the year 2008, amending some provisions of the Commercial Company's law.
· The meeting will be conducted in Arabic.
· The Corporate Governance report is available on the Qtel website: www.qtel.qa
Click on, or paste the following link into your web browser, to view the associated PDF document.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange