16 January 2002
DEALINGS BY SUBSTANTIAL SHAREHOLDERS
1) NAME OF COMPANY
2) NAME OF SHAREHOLDER HAVING A MAJOR INTEREST
LEGAL & GENERAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD.
3) Please state whether notification indicates that it is in respect of
holding of the Shareholder named in 2 above or in respect of a
non-beneficial interest or in the case of an individual holder if it is a
holding of that person's spouse or children under the age of 18
4) Name of the registered holder(s) and, if more than one holder, the
number of shares held by each of them.
PLEASE SEE BELOW
5) Number of shares/amount of stock acquired.
6) ( N/A %) of issued Class
7) Number of shares/amount of stock disposed
PLEASE SEE BELOW
8) ( 2.97 %) of issued Class
9) Class of security
ORDINARY SHARES OF 5P EACH
10) Date of transaction
15 JANUARY 2002
11) Date company informed
16 JANUARY 2002
12) Total holding following this notification
13) Total percentage holding of issued class following this notification
14) Any additional information
15) Name of contact and telephone number for queries
16) Name and signature of authorised company official responsible for
making this notification
Date of Notification ...16 JANUARY 2002.....................
LETTER TO: ELEMENTIS PLC
Companies Act 1985 - Disclosure of Interest in shares
Consequent upon a sale in the market of 390,000 shares on the 15 January 2002,
we now hold the following number of shares which are not subject to a concert
party and will be registered as follows:
HSBC Global Custody Nominee (UK) Ltd A/c 775245 1,950,103
HSBC Global Custody Nominee (UK) Ltd A/c 360509 235,800
HSBC Global Custody Nominee (UK) Ltd A/c 357206 9,684,442
HSBC Global Custody Nominee (UK) Ltd A/c 747381 628,560
HSBC Global Custody Nominee (UK) Ltd A/c 866203 325,000
Please note that this percentage is based on our understanding that your issued
share capital is 431,400,000.
Please address any queries you may have to Michelle Lawrence on 0207 528 6701
LETTER FROM: LEGAL & GENERAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LTD.