Capita Group PLC
23 November 2001
Letter to Capita Group Plc
SECTION 198 COMPANIES ACT 1985
We, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, write to advise you pursuant to
Section 198 of the Companies Act 1985 (the Act) that:
1. This notification relates to the ordinary 2p share capital of Capita Group
2. The number of shares of the person(s) with an interest, for the purposes of
sections 208 and 209 of the Act, immediately after the time when the
obligation arose, are shown on the schedule below.
3. The identities of the registered holders of these shares and the number of
shares held by each holder, so far as is known to us at the date of this
notification, are shown on the attached schedule.
4. The percentages quoted on the attached schedule are based on your issued
ordinary share capital of 661,219,933, as advised to us by FT Information.
5. None of the shares on the below schedule relates to interests as mentioned
in Section 208 (5) of the Act.
Letter from R J Hopkins
The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc
Schedule of registered holders for notification S198-L01/RJH/1118
Registered Holder Number of Shares Percentage
BNY GIL Client A/C Nominees Ltd 2,654,321
Bank of New York (Nominees) Ltd 20,658,183
Chase Nominees Ltd 25,901
Direct Line Insurance Plc 136,500
NatWest FIS Nominees Ltd 97,607
Strand Nominees Ltd. 1,000
RBSTB Nominees Ltd 30,000
Total interest of The Royal Bank of Scotland
Group Plc 23,603,512 3.56