Capita Group PLC
4 October 2001
Letter to Company Announcements Office
In accordance with S134 of the Companies Act 1989, we write to inform you of the
following notifiable interests in the Capita Group Plc (letter follows).
Capita were notified of this change on: 3.10.01
Capita's current number of shares in issue is: 661,249,933
Letter from Capita Group Plc
Letter to Capita Group Plc
Dated 2 Oct 2001
SECTION 198 COMPANIES ACT 1985
We, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, write to advise you pursuant to
Section 198 of the Companies Act 1985 (the Act) that:
1. This notification relates to the ordinary 2p share capital of Capita Group
2. The number of shares of the person(s) with an interest, for the purposes of
sections 208 and 209 of the Act, immediately after the time when the
obligation arose, are shown on the schedule below.
3. The identities of the registered holders of these shares and the number of
shares held by each holder, so far as is known to us at the date of this
notification, are shown on the schedule below.
4. The percentages quoted on the schedule below are based on your issued
ordinary share capital of 660,357,880, as advised to us by FT Information.
5. None of the shares on the schedule below relates to interests as mentioned
in Section 208 (5) of the Act.
Letter from The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc
Schedule of registered holders for notification S198-L01/RJH/1101
Registered Holder Number of Shares Percentage
BNY GIL Client A/C Nominees Ltd 2,625,516
Bank of New York (Nominees) Ltd 20,658,183
NatWest FIS Nominees Ltd 97,172
RBSTB Nominees Ltd 30,000
Direct Line Insurance plc 108,600
Chase Nominees Ltd 28,177
National Westminster Bank plc 450
Total interest of the
Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc 23,548,098 3.56