RNS Number : 4867R
Victoria Oil & Gas PLC
04 November 2011
4 November 2011
Victoria Oil & Gas Plc
('VOG' or 'the Company')
Completion of Acquisition of Interest in the Logbaba Gas and Condensate Project, Cameroon
Victoria Oil & Gas Plc, the AIM quoted oil and gas exploration and development company with assets in Cameroon and the FSU is pleased to announce that it has completed the acquisition of one third of a 6.8 per cent. royalty interest in its 95 per cent. owned Logbaba gas and condensate project in Cameroon by making a final cash payment of US$2.5 million.
The royalty interest has been acquired from PR Marriott Drilling Limited ('PRM'), by the purchase of their one third interest in Cameroon Holdings Limited ('CHL.'), the company entitled to the royalty.
As announced on 11 August 2011, VOG purchased 58 per cent. of PRM's shares in CHL for a consideration of US$2.5 million in cash and drilling equipment with an estimated value of US$1 million. The Company has now completed the acquisition of the remaining 42 per cent. of PRM's interest in CHL for a cash consideration of US$2.5 million in accordance with the terms of the sale agreement.
The Company anticipates that the purchase of this one third interest in CHL will increase Logbaba project operating income by about 3 per cent.
Kevin Foo, Chairman of VOG commented, "I am delighted that we have been able to reduce the long term cost of the royalty in this way. Independent analysts who have looked at the transaction believe it will prove to be worth several times the consideration paid."
For further information, please contact:
Victoria Oil & Gas Plc - Tel: +44 (0) 20 7921 8820
Kevin Foo / Martin Devine
Macquarie Capital (Europe) Limited Tel: +44 (0) 20 3037 2000
Jeffrey Auld / Steve Baldwin / Nicholas Harland
Fox-Davies Capital - Tel: +44 (0) 20 3463 5010
Daniel Fox-Davies/ Richard Hail
Strand Hanson Limited - Tel: +44 (0) 20 7409 3494
Simon Raggett / Angela Peace
Tavistock Communications - Tel: +44 (0) 20 7920 3150
Ed Portman/ Paul Youens
Background Information on Victoria Oil & Gas Plc:
Victoria Oil & Gas is an independent oil and gas exploration and development company with projects in Africa and the FSU. The Company's principal assets are the Logbaba gas and condensate project in Cameroon and the West Medvezhye project in Siberia, Russia. Logbaba is located in Douala, the economic capital of Cameroon. The field was discovered in the 1950s and all four exploration wells encountered gas. The Company drilled two successful development wells in 2009/10 and is now installing production facilities and a pipeline to serve industrial consumers of gas in Douala, anticipated to be complete by the end of 2011. The Company received an Exploitation Licence for the development of the Logbaba Field by Presidential Decree on 29 April 2011.
Logbaba has proven and probable reserves of 212 billion cubic feet of gas (35.3 million barrels of oil equivalent) and the Company expects gas sales of 8 million standard cubic feet per day ('mmscf/d') by the end of the first year of operations rising to 44 mmscf/d (7,300 barrels of oil a day equivalent) by the end of 2014. The pipeline has a capacity of 60 mmscf/d, which is anticipated to be of sufficient size for the Douala industrial market over the medium term.
The Company's current proved and probable reserves are sufficient to supply an average of 30mmscf/d for the next 20 years. In the longer term, as further reserves may be proven, gas may be supplied to large gas fired power stations connected to the grid, with either VOG investing in an independent power producer joint venture or selling the gas to third parties.
Condensate separated from the gas at the process plant will be stabilised and stored for export to the Sonara refinery at Limbe. Condensate production is forecast at the rate of 20 barrels per million cubic feet of gas.
West Medvezhye is situated in the prolific Yamal-Nenetsk hydrocarbon region in Siberia. An independent audit, carried out by Mineral LLC in 2011, estimated prospective resources for the area of over 1.4 billion barrels of oil equivalent. The Company also has a discovery well, 103, with C1 and C2 reserves, independently assessed under the Russian classification convention of 14.4 million boe as approved by the Russian Ministry of Natural Resources.
Reprocessing of 845km of 2D seismic has recently been completed and geophysical/geological modelling is currently underway. In addition, development studies are in progress to commercialise the Well-103 discovery and prospective resources.
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange